MOPGA 2023 - Visiting Fellowship Program for Young Researchers
Visiting Fellowship Program for Young Researchers
Launched in 2018, the Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) initiative has met with worldwide enthusiasm, generating expressions of interest from a large number of highly qualified students and researchers.
France, as a major player in the fight against climate change and guarantor of the spirit of the Paris Agreement, is launching a new MOPGA visiting fellowship program geared towards strengthening scientific contributions to climate change issues raised by the COPs.
This sixth Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) call for applications is intended to welcome 40 young researchers wishing to carry out their research in France. The program is funded by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, in collaboration with the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research, and implemented by Campus France.
Description of the Research Project (in English or French):
- Research Project Title
- Keywords (6)
- Abstract of the Research Project (2,000 char. max.)
- Context and Motivation (2,000 char. max.)
- Scientific Objectives (2,000 char. max.)
- Methodology and Timeline (4,500 char. max.)
- Project position in relation with to the MOPGA scientific domain (2,000 char. max.)
- Collaborations and / or impacts for the candidate's country of residence in relation to the research project proposal (2,000 characters max.)
Who may apply?
- Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree for less than 5 years
- No nationality restrictions (except FRANCE)
- 40 fellowships will be awarded over a 12-month period from September 2023.
This fellowship includes the following benefits :
- Monthly allowance of 2,500 euros
- Moving allowance of 500 euros
- Support for social security coverage
- Support for health insurance
A Hosting Agreement (convention de séjour de recherche) will have to be established between the MOPGA Fellow and the host institution. This Agreement will specify the means and resources made available by the host laboratory so that the researcher can carry out the research project. For more information: https://www.enseignementsup-recherche.gouv.fr/fr/bo/22/Hebdo19/ESRS2207381C.htm
Five broad research themes are eligible:
- Earth systems
- Climate change and sustainability
- Energy transition
- Societal challenges of environmental issues
- Human, animal and ecosystem health as part as a "One Health" approach.
Individuals fitting the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Applicants who do NOT hold French citizenship
- Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree for less than 5 years (must have passed their thesis defense between January 2017 and January 2023)
- Foreign researchers living abroad (not in France) since, at least, the 1st of September, 2022 (more than 90 days)
In line with the ambitions and requirements of the call for applications, the selection process will unfold in two phases. In the first phase, scientific experts in each relevant field will evaluate and score the applications. In the second phase, an international committee will select the 40 final fellows for the MOPGA 2023 program.
- CV including the list of your publications in English (4 pages max)
- PhD Diploma (or certificate of PhD diploma)
- CV of your research supervisor in the French host institution (2 pages max)
- Letter of support from the French host institution
- Letters of recommendation (3 max)
- Passport or proof of ID
Please submit your files in PDF format.
- October 12th 2022: Application period opens
- January 16th 2023: Application period ends
- End of June 2023 : Notification of the results
- Between September 2023 and December 2023: Arrival in France and start of the fellowship
For any questions or help with your application, email email@example.com.